[gpfsug-discuss] mmaddcallback documentation issue

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Aug 6 22:42:54 BST 2018

Hi All,

So I’m _still_ reading about and testing various policies for file placement and migration on our test cluster (which is now running GPFS 5).

On page 392 of the GPFS 5.0.0 Administration Guide it says:

To add a callback, run this command. The following command is on one line:

mmaddcallback MIGRATION --command /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmstartpolicy --event lowDiskSpace
--parms "%eventName %fsName --single-instance

The --single-instance flag is required to avoid running multiple migrations on the file system at the same time.

However, trying to issue that command gives:

mmaddcallback: Incorrect option: --single-instance

And the man page for mmaddcallback doesn’t mention it or anything similar to it.  Now my test cluster is running GPFS 5.0.1.1, so is this something that was added in GPFS 5.0.0 and then subsequently removed?

I can’t find the GPFS 5.0.1 Administration Guide with a Google search.

Thanks…

Kevin

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633