[gpfsug-discuss] GNR/GSS/ESS pdisk location

Matthew Robinson matthew.robinson02 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:03:57 BST 2018

Hi Valdis,

Normally the name will indicate the physical location of the disk.

So the name of the disk you have listed is  "e2d3s11" this is Enclosure 2
Disk shelf 3 Disk slot 11.  However, based on the location = "" this is the
reason for the failure of the tscommand failure. Normally a recovery group
rebuild fixes the issue from what I have seen in the past.

Matthew Robinson
Comptia A+, Net+
919.909.0494
matthew.robinson02 at gmail.com

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life
simply by altering his attitude of mind. - William James, Harvard
Psychologist.