[gpfsug-discuss] GUI not displaying node info correctly

Stefan Roth stefan.roth at de.ibm.com
Mon Apr 9 10:38:48 BST 2018

Hello Richard,

this is a known GUI bug that will be fixed in 4.2.3-8. Once this is
available, just upgrade the GUI rpm.
The 4.2.3-8 PTF is not yet available, but it should be in next days.

This problem happens to all customers with more than 127 filesets, means
you see a max inodes value for the first 127 filesets, but not for newer
filesets.
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|Mit freundlichen |                      |                                           |         ||
|Grüßen / Kind    |                      |                                           |         ||
|regards          |                      |                                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|                 |                      |                                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|Stefan Roth      |                      |                                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|                 |                      |                                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|Spectrum Scale   |                      |                                           |         ||
|GUI Development  |                      |                                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|                 |                      |                                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|Phone:           |+49-7034-643-1362     | IBM Deutschland                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|E-Mail:          |stefan.roth at de.ibm.com| Am Weiher 24                              |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|                 |                      | 65451 Kelsterbach                         |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|                 |                      | Germany                                   |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|                 |                      |                                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
|IBM Deutschland  |                      |                                           |         ||
|Research &       |                      |                                           |         ||
|Development      |                      |                                           |         ||
|GmbH /           |                      |                                           |         ||
|Vorsitzender des |                      |                                           |         ||
|Aufsichtsrats:   |                      |                                           |         ||
|Martina Koederitz|                      |                                           |         ||
|                 |                      |                                           |         ||
|Geschäftsführung:|                      |                                           |         ||
|Dirk Wittkopp    |                      |                                           |         ||
|Sitz der         |                      |                                           |         ||
|Gesellschaft:    |                      |                                           |         ||
|Böblingen /      |                      |                                           |         ||
|Registergericht: |                      |                                           |         ||
|Amtsgericht      |                      |                                           |         ||
|Stuttgart, HRB   |                      |                                           |         ||
|243294           |                      |                                           |         ||
|-----------------+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+---------+>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                    |

From:	"Sobey, Richard A" <r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk>
To:	"'gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org'"
            <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:	09.04.2018 11:01
Subject:	[gpfsug-discuss] GUI not displaying node info correctly
Sent by:	gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

Hi all,

We have a fairly significant number of filesets for which the GUI reports
nothing at all in the “Max Inodes” column. I’ve verified with mmlsfileset
-I that the inode limit is set.

Has anyone seen this already and had a PMR for it?

SS 4.2.3-7.

Thanks
gpfsug-discuss mailing list
gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org