[gpfsug-discuss] Dual server NSDs

Alex Levin alevin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 22:39:08 BST 2018

We are doing the similar procedure right now. Migrating from one group of
nsd servers to another.
Unfortunately,  as I understand,  if you can't afford the
cluster/filesystem downtime and not ready for 5.0 upgrade yet ( personally
I'm not comfortable with ".0" versions of software in production :) ) - the
only way to do it is remove disk/nsd from filesystem and add it back with
the new servers list.

Taking a while , a lot of i/o ...

John, in case the  single nsd filesystem, I'm afraid,  you'll have to
unmount it to change ....

--Alex