[gpfsug-discuss] Pool migration and replicate

Simon Thompson (IT Research Support) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 19:08:48 BST 2018

Hi all,

We'd like to move some data from a non replicated pool to another pool, but keep replication at 1 (the fs default is 2).

When using an ILM policy, is the default to keep the current replication or use the fs default?

I.e.just wondering if I need to include a "REPLICATE(1)" clause.

Also if the data is already migrated to the pool, is it still considered by the policy engine, or should I include FROM POOL...?

I.e. just wondering what is the most efficient way to target the files.

Thanks

Simon