[gpfsug-discuss] Will GPFS recognize re-sized LUNs?

Stephen Ulmer ulmer at ulmer.org
Thu Apr 26 03:48:23 BST 2018

I’m 80% sure that the answer to this is "no", but I promised a client that I’d get a fresh answer anyway.

If one extends a LUN that is under an NSD, and then does the OS-level magic to make that known to everyone that could write to it, can the NSD be extended to use the additional space?

I can think of lots of reasons why this would be madness, and the implementation would have very little return, but maybe a large customer or grant demanded it at some point?

Liberty,

--
Stephen