[gpfsug-discuss] problems with collector 5 and grafana bridge 3

Ivano Talamo Ivano.Talamo at psi.ch
Wed Apr 25 09:46:40 BST 2018

Hi all,

I am actually testing the collector shipped with Spectrum Scale 5.0.0-1
together with the latest grafana bridge (version 3). At the UK UG
meeting I learned that this is the multi-threaded setup, so hopefully we
can get better performances.

But we are having a problem. Our existing grafana dashboard have metrics
like eg. "hostname|CPU|cpu_user". It was working and it also had a very
helpful completion when creating new graphs.
After the upgrade these metrics are not recognized anymore, and we are
getting the following errors in the grafana bridge log file:

2018-04-25 09:35:24,999 - zimonGrafanaIntf - ERROR - Metric
hostnameNetwork|team0|netdev_drops_s cannot be found. Please check if
the corresponding sensor is configured

The only way I found to make them work is using only the real metric
name, eg "cpu_user" and then use filter to restrict to a host
('node'='hostname'). The problem is that in many cases the metric is
complex, eg. you want to restrict to a filesystem, to a fileset, to a
network interface. And is not easy to get the field names to be used in
the filters.

So my questions are:
- is this supposed to be like that or the old metrics name can be
enabled somehow?
- if it has to be like that, how can I get the available field names to
use in the filters?

And then I saw in the new collector config file this:

queryport = "9084"
query2port = "9094"

Which one should be used by the bridge?

Thank you,