[gpfsug-discuss] afmPrepopEnd Callback

Luke Raimbach luke.raimbach at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:10:41 BST 2018

Good Afternoon AFM Experts,

I looked in the manual for afmPreopopEnd event variables I can extract to
log something useful after a prefetch event completes. Here is the manual
entry:

         %prepopAlreadyCachedFiles
                  Specifies the number of files that are cached.
                  These number of files are not read into cache
                  because data is same between cache and home.

However, when I try to install a callback like this, I get the associated
error:

# mmaddcallback afmCompletionReport --command /var/mmfs/etc/afmPrepopEnd.sh
--event afmPrepopEnd -N afm --parms "%fsName %filesetName
%prepopCompletedReads %prepopFailedReads %prepopAlreadyCachedFiles
%prepopData"
mmaddcallback: Invalid callback variable "%prepopAlreadyCachedFiles" was
specified.
mmaddcallback: Command failed. Examine previous error messages to determine
cause.

I have a butcher's in /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmfsfuncs and see only these three
%prepop variables listed:

    %prepopcompletedreads ) validCallbackVariable="%prepopCompletedReads";;
    %prepopfailedreads ) validCallbackVariable="%prepopFailedReads";;
    %prepopdata        ) validCallbackVariable="%prepopData";;

Is the %prepopAlreadyCachedFiles not implemented? Will it be implemented?

Unusual to see the manual ahead of the code ;)

Cheers,
Luke