[gpfsug-discuss] How to find which node is generating high iops in a GPFS 3.5

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Mon Sep 18 20:27:49 BST 2017

You do realize 3.5 is out of service, correct? You should be looking at upgrading :-)

Catching this is real time, when you have a large number of nodes is going to be tough. How you recognizing that the file system is overloaded? Waiters? Looking at which nodes/NSDs have the longest/largest waiters may provide a clue.

You might also take a look at mmpmon – it’s a bit difficult to use in its raw state, but it does provide some good stats on a per file system basis. But you need to track these over times to get what you need.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance