[gpfsug-discuss] File Quotas vs Inode Limits

Michael Holliday michael.holliday at crick.ac.uk
Wed Sep 27 09:25:58 BST 2017

Hi All,

I'm in process of setting up quota for our users.  We currently have block quotas per file set, and an inode limit for each inode space. Our users have request more transparency relating to the inode limit as as it is they can't see any information.

Are there any disadvantages to implementing file quotas, and increasing the inode limits so that they will not be reached?

Michael

Michael Holliday
HPC Systems Engineer
Tel: 0203 796 3167

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 1 Midland Road London NW1 1AT