[gpfsug-discuss] Switch from IPoIB connected mode to datagram with ESS 5.2.0?

Dietrich, Stefan stefan.dietrich at desy.de
Mon Sep 11 08:40:14 BST 2017

Hello,

during reading the upgrade docs for ESS 5.2.0, I noticed a change in the IPoIB mode.
Now it specifies, that datagram (CONNECTED_MODE=no) instead of connected mode should be used.
All earlier versions used connected mode.

I am wondering about the reason for this change?
Or is this only relevant for bonded IPoIB interfaces?

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan Dietrich            Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (IT-Systems)
                        Ein Forschungszentrum der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft
                                                            Notkestr. 85
phone:  +49-40-8998-4696                                   22607 Hamburg
e-mail: stefan.dietrich at desy.de                                  Germany