[gpfsug-discuss] changing default configuration values

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Mon Oct 9 19:55:45 BST 2017

Thanks John!

Funnily enough playing with node classes is what sent me down this path.
I had a bunch of nodes defined (just over 1000) with a lower pagepool
than the default. I then started using nodeclasses to clean up the
config and I noticed that if you define a parameter with a nodeclass it
doesn't override any previously set values for nodes in the node class.
What I mean by that is if you do this:

- mmchconfig pagepool=256M -N n001
- add node n001 to nodeclass mynodeclass
- mmchconfig pagepool=256M -N mynodeclass

after the 2nd chconfig there is still a definition for pagepool=256M for
node n001. I tried to clean things up by doing "mmchconfig
pagepool=DEFAULT -N n001" however the default value of the pagepool in
our config is 1024M not the "1G" mmchconfig expects as the defualt value
so I wasn't able to remove the explicit definition of pagepool for n001.
What I ended up doing was an "mmchconfig pagepool=1024M -N n001" and
that removed the explicit definitions.

-Aaron