[gpfsug-discuss] Antwort: [Newsletter] Re: Antwort: [Newsletter] Re: gpfs.so vfs samba module is missing

Matthias.Knigge at rohde-schwarz.com Matthias.Knigge at rohde-schwarz.com
Fri Nov 17 19:50:27 GMT 2017

That helps me!

Thanks!

Von:    "Christof Schmitt" <christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com>
An:     gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org
Kopie:  gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org
Datum:  17.11.2017 20:45
Betreff:        [Newsletter] Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Antwort: [Newsletter]
Re: gpfs.so vfs samba module is missing
Gesendet von:   gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

Whether the gpfs.so module is included depends on each Samba build. Samba
provided by Linux distributions typically does not include the gpfs.so
module. Sernet package include it. The gpfs.smb Samba build we use in
Spectrum Scale also obviously includes the gpfs.so module:

# rpm -ql gpfs.smb | grep gpfs.so
/usr/lpp/mmfs/lib64/samba/vfs/gpfs.so

The main point from a Spectrum Scale point of view: Spectrum Scale only
supports the Samba from the gpfs.smb package that was provided with the
product. Using any other Samba version is outside of the scope of Spectrum
Scale support.

Regards,

Christof Schmitt || IBM || Spectrum Scale Development || Tucson, AZ
christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com  ||  +1-520-799-2469    (T/L: 321-2469)