[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS long waiter

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Fri Nov 17 13:03:48 GMT 2017

Hi Ahmed

You might take a look at the file system manager nodes (mmlsmgr) and see if any of them are having problems. It looks like some previous “mmdf” command was launched and got hung up (and perhaps was terminated by ctrl-c) and the helper process is still running.  I have seen mmdf get hung up before, and it’s (almost always) associated with the file system manager node in some way. And I’ve had a few PMRs open on this (vers 4.1, early 4.2) – I have not seen this on any of the latest code levels)

But, as Olaf states, getting a mmsnap and opening a PMR might be worthwhile – what level of GPFS are you running on?

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance