[gpfsug-discuss] Backup All Cluster GSS GPFS Storage Server

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 14 16:57:52 GMT 2017

To answer my own question:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKCN_3.5.0/com.ibm.cluster.gpfs.v3r5.gpfs100.doc/bl1adm_uxtsdrb.htm

It’s built in.

From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [mailto:gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] On Behalf Of Sobey, Richard A
Sent: 14 November 2017 16:30
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Backup All Cluster GSS GPFS Storage Server

Hi Scott

This looks like what I’m after (thank you Skylar and all others who responded too!)

For the uninitiated, what exactly is a User Exit in the context of the following line:

“One way to automate this collection of GPFS configuration data is to use a User Exit. “

Or to put it another way, what is calling the script to be run on the basis of running mmchconfig someparam=someval? I’d like to understand it more.

Thanks
Richard