[gpfsug-discuss] mmrestripefs "No space left on device"

John Hanks griznog at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 14:43:31 GMT 2017

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Having our metadata NSDs fill up was what prompted this exercise, but space
was previously feed up on those by switching them from metadata+data to
metadataOnly and using a policy to migrate files out of that pool. So these
now have about 30% free space (more if you include fragmented space). The
restripe attempt is just to make a final move of any remaining data off
those devices. All the NSDs now have free space on them.

df -i shows inode usage at about 84%, so plenty of free inodes for the
filesystem as a whole.

We did have old  .quota files laying around but removing them didn't have
any impact.

mmlsfileset fs -L -i is taking a while to complete, I'll let it simmer
while getting to work.

mmrepquota does show about a half-dozen filesets that have hit their quota
for space (we don't set quotas on inodes). Once I'm settled in this morning
I'll try giving them a little extra space and see what happens.

jbh