[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS long waiter

Ahmad El Khouly aelkhouly at sidra.org
Thu Nov 16 18:40:51 GMT 2017

Hello all

I’m facing long waiter issue and I could not find any way to clear it, I can see all filesystems are responsive and look normal but I can not perform any GPFS commands like mmdf or adding or removing any vdisk, could you please advise how to show more details about this waiter and which pool it is talking about…  and any workaround to clear it.

 0x7FA0446BF1A0 (  27706) waiting 20634.654553503 seconds, TSDFCmdThread: on ThCond 0x1803173EE10 (0xFFFFC9003173EE10) (AllocManagerCond), reason 'waiting for pool freeSpace recovery'

Ahmed M. Elkhouly
Systems Administrator, Scientific Computing
Bioinformatics Division

Disclaimer: This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently delete what you have received. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sidra Medical and Research Center.