[gpfsug-discuss] ACLs on AFM Filesets

Luke Raimbach luke.raimbach at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 6 10:01:28 GMT 2017

Dear SpectrumScale Experts,

When creating an IW cache view of a directory in a remote GPFS filesystem,
I prepare the AFM "home" directory using 'mmafmconfig enable <path>'
command.

I wish the cache fileset junction point to inherit the ACL for the home
directory when I link it to the filesystem.

Currently I'm using a flimsy workaround:

1. Read the GPFS ACL from the remote directory => store in some file acl.txt

2. Link the AFM fileset to the local filesystem,

3. Set the GPFS ACL on the local fileset junction point with mmputacl -i
acl.txt

Is there a way for the local cache fileset to automatically inherit/clone
the remote directory's ACL, e.g. at mmlinkfileset time?

Thanks!

Luke.