[gpfsug-discuss] mmbackup with fileset : scope errors

Jaime Pinto pinto at scinet.utoronto.ca
Thu May 18 02:43:29 BST 2017

There is hope. See reference link below:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_4.1.1/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r11.ins.doc/bl1ins_tsm_fsvsfset.htm

The issue has to do with dependent vs. independent filesets, something
I didn't even realize existed until now. Our filesets are dependent
(for no particular reason), so I have to find a way to turn them into
independent.

The proper option syntax is "--scope inodespace", and the error
message actually flagged that out, however I didn't know how to
interpret what I saw:

# mmbackup /gpfs/sgfs1/sysadmin3 -N tsm-helper1-ib0 -s /dev/shm
--scope inodespace --tsm-errorlog $logfile -L 2
mmbackup: Backup of /gpfs/sgfs1/sysadmin3 begins at Wed May 17
21:27:43 EDT 2017.
Wed May 17 21:27:45 2017 mmbackup:mmbackup: Backing up *dependent*
fileset sysadmin3 is not supported
Wed May 17 21:27:45 2017 mmbackup:This fileset is not suitable for
fileset level backup.  exit 1

Will post the outcome.
Jaime