[gpfsug-discuss] mmbackup with fileset : scope errors

Luis Bolinches luis.bolinches at fi.ibm.com
Wed May 17 21:49:35 BST 2017

Hi

have you tried to add exceptions on the TSM client config file?

Assuming your GPFS dir is /IBM/GPFS and your fileset to exclude is linked
on /IBM/GPFS/FSET1

dsm.sys

DOMAIN /IBM/GPFS
EXCLUDE.DIR /IBM/GPFS/FSET1

From:   "Jaime Pinto" <pinto at scinet.utoronto.ca>
To:     "gpfsug main discussion list" <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:   17-05-17 23:44
Subject:        [gpfsug-discuss] mmbackup with fileset : scope errors
Sent by:        gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

I have a g200 /gpfs/sgfs1 filesystem with 3 filesets:
* project3
* scratch3
* sysadmin3

I have no problems mmbacking up /gpfs/sgfs1 (or sgfs1), however we
have no need or space to include *scratch3* on TSM.

Question: how to craft the mmbackup command to backup
/gpfs/sgfs1/project3 and/or /gpfs/sgfs1/sysadmin3 only?

Below are 3 types of errors:

1) mmbackup /gpfs/sgfs1/sysadmin3 -N tsm-helper1-ib0 -s /dev/shm
--tsm-errorlog $logfile -L 2

ERROR: mmbackup: Options /gpfs/sgfs1/sysadmin3 and --scope filesystem
cannot be specified at the same time.

2) mmbackup /gpfs/sgfs1/sysadmin3 -N tsm-helper1-ib0 -s /dev/shm
--scope inodespace --tsm-errorlog $logfile -L 2

ERROR: Wed May 17 16:27:11 2017 mmbackup:mmbackup: Backing up
dependent fileset sysadmin3 is not supported
Wed May 17 16:27:11 2017 mmbackup:This fileset is not suitable for
fileset level backup.  exit 1

3) mmbackup /gpfs/sgfs1/sysadmin3 -N tsm-helper1-ib0 -s /dev/shm
--scope filesystem --tsm-errorlog $logfile -L 2

ERROR: mmbackup: Options /gpfs/sgfs1/sysadmin3 and --scope filesystem
cannot be specified at the same time.

These examples don't really cover my case:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_4.2.3/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r23.doc/bl1adm_mmbackup.htm#mmbackup__mmbackup_examples

Thanks
Jaime

          ************************************
           TELL US ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS STORIES
          http://www.scinethpc.ca/testimonials
          ************************************
---
Jaime Pinto
SciNet HPC Consortium - Compute/Calcul Canada
www.scinet.utoronto.ca - www.computecanada.ca
University of Toronto
661 University Ave. (MaRS), Suite 1140
Toronto, ON, M5G1M1
P: 416-978-2755
C: 416-505-1477

Ellei edellä ole toisin mainittu: / Unless stated otherwise above:
Oy IBM Finland Ab
PL 265, 00101 Helsinki, Finland
Business ID, Y-tunnus: 0195876-3
Registered in Finland