[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS GUI

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Wed May 17 13:23:48 BST 2017

I don’t run the GUI in production, so I can’t comment on those issues specifically. I have been running a federated collector cluster for some time and it’s been working as expected. I’ve been using the Zimon-Grafana bridge code to look at GPFS performance stats.

The other part of this is the mmhealth/mmsysmonitor process that reports events. It’s been problematic for me, especially in larger clusters (400+ nodes). The mmsysmonitor process is overloading the master node (the cluster manager) with too many “heartbeats” and ends up causing lots of issues and log messages. Evidently this is something IBM is aware of (at the 4.2.2-2 level) and they have fixes coming out in 4.2.3 PTF1. I ended up disabling the cluster wide collection of health stats to prevent the cluster manager issues. However, be aware that CES depends on the mmhealth data so tinkering with the config make cause other issues if you use CES.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance