[gpfsug-discuss] connected v. datagram mode

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Fri May 12 16:03:03 BST 2017

I also don't know much about this, but the ESS quick deployment guide is
quite clear on the we should use connected mode for IPoIB:

Note: If using bonded IP over IB, do the following: Ensure that the
CONNECTED_MODE=yes statement exists in the corresponding slave-bond
interface scripts located in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory of
the management server and I/O server nodes. These scripts are created as
part of the IP over IB bond creation. An example of the slave-bond
interface with the modification is shown below.

-jf