[gpfsug-discuss] "mmhealth cluster show" returns error

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Thu May 11 13:36:47 BST 2017

Thanks Anna, I will email you directly.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance
507-269-0413

From: <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org> on behalf of Anna Christina Wagner <Anna.Wagner at de.ibm.com>
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 6:28 AM
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gpfsug-discuss] "mmhealth cluster show" returns error

Hello Bob,

4.2.2 is the release were we introduced "mmhealth cluster show". And you are totally right, it can be a little fragile at times.

So a short explanation:
We had this situation on test machines as well. Because of issues with the system not only the mm-commands but also usual Linux commands
took more than 10 seconds to return. We have internally a default time out of 10 seconds for cli commands. So if you had a failover situation, in which the cluster manager
was changed (we have our cluster state manager (CSM) on the cluster manager) and the mmlsmgr command did not return in 10 seconds the node does not
know, that it is the CSM and will not start the corresponding service for that.

If you want me to look further into it or if you have feedback regarding mmhealth please feel free to send me an email (Anna.Wagner at de.ibm.com)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Wagner, Anna Christina

Software Engineer, Spectrum Scale Development
IBM Systems

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294