[gpfsug-discuss] help with multi-cluster setup: Network is unreachable

Jaime Pinto pinto at scinet.utoronto.ca
Mon May 8 21:06:28 BST 2017

Quoting valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu:

> On Mon, 08 May 2017 12:06:22 -0400, "Jaime Pinto" said:
>
>> Another piece og information is that as far as GPFS goes all clusters
>> are configured to communicate exclusively over Infiniband, each on a
>> different 10.20.x.x network, but broadcast 10.20.255.255. As far as
>
> Have you verified that broadcast setting actually works, and packets
> aren't being discarded as martians?

Yes, we have. They are fine.

I'm seeing "failure to join the cluster" messages prior to the
"network unreachable" in the mmfslog files, so I'm starting to suspect
minor disparities between older releases of 3.5.x.x at one end and
newer 4.1.x.x at the other. I'll dig a little more and report the
findings.

Thanks
Jaime

          ************************************
           TELL US ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS STORIES
          http://www.scinethpc.ca/testimonials
---
Jaime Pinto
SciNet HPC Consortium - Compute/Calcul Canada
www.scinet.utoronto.ca - www.computecanada.ca
University of Toronto
661 University Ave. (MaRS), Suite 1140
Toronto, ON, M5G1M1