[gpfsug-discuss] help with multi-cluster setup: Network is unreachable

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon May 8 17:49:52 BST 2017

Hi Eric, Jamie,

Interesting comment as we do exactly the opposite!

I always make sure that my servers are running a particular version before I upgrade any clients.  Now we never mix and match major versions (i.e. 4.x and 3.x) for long … those kinds of upgrades we do rapidly.  But right now I’ve got clients running 4.2.0-3 talking just fine to 4.2.2.3 servers.

To be clear, I’m not saying I’m right and Eric’s wrong at all - just an observation / data point.  YMMV…

Kevin