[gpfsug-discuss] Configuration spectrum scale to use SFU schema

Christof Schmitt christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 22 22:41:04 GMT 2017

> Thanks, would I need to re-run mmuserauth as per
> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_4.2.1/
> com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r21.doc/bl1adm_adwithrfc2307.htm
> or would the schema change be needed after that when configuring the
> authentication services?

You would still need the domain join and the basic configuration done
by mmuserauth. The easiest way would be running mmuserauth with
--unix-domains as usually. The only change on top is then the switch
to the old attribute format, which requires a winbindd restart to
pick-up the change:

mmuserauth service create ‐‐data‐access‐method file --type ad ...

/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/net conf setparm global 'idmap config DS:schema_mode'
sfu

/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmdsh -N CesNodes systemctl restart gpfs-winbind

This also illustrates the support statement: The config through mmuserauth
is supported,
changing the Samba config under the hood is outside the normal support.

Regards,

Christof Schmitt || IBM || Spectrum Scale Development || Tucson, AZ
christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com  ||  +1-520-799-2469    (T/L: 321-2469)