[gpfsug-discuss] Configuration spectrum scale to use SFU schema

Christof Schmitt christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 21 17:24:03 GMT 2017

gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org wrote on 03/21/2017 03:56:41 AM:

> Is it possible to configure authentication services to bind to AD using
> the older SFU schema for ID mappings? We have standard samba and nfs
> servers that use this ID mapping scheme with "idmap config
> DS:schema_mode = sfu" in the samba configuration files, but if its
> possible using the mmuserauth command it doesn't seem to be documented.

This falls into the category that we use Samba to provide these services,
but cannot test and support
every possible configuration. The feature to read the old MS style id
attributes has not been tested
with Spectrum Scale and is not supported. That said, it can still be set
in the internal config:

/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/net conf setparm global 'idmap config DS:schema_mode'
sfu

Activating this change probably would require a restart of the process
using this config:

/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmdsh -N CesNodes systemctl restart gpfs-winbind

Opening a PMR on this will likely result in the answer that this is
unsupported. The best way
to request official support would be opening a RFE, let others vote and
then product
management can decide on the priority of the request.

Regards,

Christof Schmitt || IBM || Spectrum Scale Development || Tucson, AZ
christof.schmitt at us.ibm.com  ||  +1-520-799-2469    (T/L: 321-2469)