[gpfsug-discuss] default inode size

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Wed Mar 15 12:37:00 GMT 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 08:22:22AM -0400, Stephen Ulmer wrote:
> You need 4K nodes to store encryption keys. You can also put other useful things in there, like extended attributes and (possibly) the entire file.
>
> Are you worried about wasting space?

well, I have 1PB of capacity for data disks and 3TB of capacity for metadata
(SSD).

With 512B inodes, this ration seemed to be quite ok, while with 4k inodes,
I run out of free space on SSD pretty fast. So I'm thinking about re-creating
file system with smaller inode size.

I don't think I will ever need encryption keys.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek