[gpfsug-discuss] Problem installin CES - 4.2.2-2

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Thu Mar 9 14:53:33 GMT 2017

Bingo! That worked flawlessly. You are a lifesaver, thanks!

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance

From: <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org> on behalf of "Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com" <Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com>
Date: Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 8:12 AM
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Problem installin CES - 4.2.2-2

I don’t normally use the chef based installer but I have had issues getting OBJ installed on 7.x before and it was all based on the fact that the packages were moved to subdirs /usr/local/mmfs/4.2.2.0/object_rpms/rhel7 where before they were just in the root of object_rpms.  Not sure that applies here since I would think the installer was updated to look there instead of the root.  It sure seems from your log output that it’s not happy trying to install packages.  Worse case you can install manually.

Here’s how I do that in my automated script

cat <<EOL >/etc/yum.repos.d/IBM-SpecScaleOBJ.repo
[spectrum_scale]
name=spectrum_scale
baseurl=file:///vagrant/4.2.2.0/object_rpms/rhel7/
enabled=1
EOL

yum update -y 2>&1
yum install -y /vagrant/4.2.2.0/zimon_rpms/rhel7/gpfs.gss.pm{sensors,collector}*.rpm > /dev/null 2>&1
yum install -y /vagrant/4.2.2.0/gpfs_rpms/gpfs.{base,ext,gskit,gpl,msg,docs,adv,crypto,java,gui}*.rpm > /dev/null 2>&1
yum install -y /vagrant/4.2.2.0/smb_rpms/rhel7/gpfs.*.rpm > /dev/null 2>&1
yum install -y /vagrant/4.2.2.0/ganesha_rpms/rhel7/nfs-*.rpm > /dev/null 2>&1
yum install -y /vagrant/4.2.2.0/object_rpms/rhel7/*.rpm >/dev/null 2>&1
yum install -y spectrum-scale-object 2>&1