[gpfsug-discuss] Issues getting SMB shares working.

Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com
Wed Mar 1 19:28:24 GMT 2017

I’m pretty noob still here but I think what may be going on in your situation is that since you are just now enabling SMB service you need to figure out how you want users to authenticate.  If you want to stick with the way things are currently authenticating on your system that is to say, USERDEFINED that really just means it’s delegated to the underlying system for authentication.  So, you can change your authentication strategy to use Active Directory (like was mentioned by Richard), or use the local SMB authentication which means you’ll have to add users manually with the /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/smbpasswd command.  This works if you just want a few users to get access to SMB shares but it becomes troublesome when you get loads of users.

You can use LDAP or AD to make things more manageable.

Mark