[gpfsug-discuss] BIG LAG since 3.5 on quota accounting reconciliation

Jaime Pinto pinto at scinet.utoronto.ca
Fri Mar 31 15:18:34 BST 2017

In the old days of DDN 9900 and gpfs 3.4 I only had to run
mmcheckquota once a month, usually after the massive monthly purge.

I noticed that starting with the GSS and ESS appliances under 3.5 that
I needed to run mmcheckquota more often, at least once a week, or as
often as daily, to clear the slippage errors in the accounting
information, otherwise users complained that they were hitting their
quotas, even throughout they deleted a lot of stuff.

More recently we adopted a G200 appliance (1.8PB), with v4.1, and now
things have gotten worst, and I have to run it twice daily, just in
case.

So, what I am missing? Is their a parameter since 3.5 and through 4.1
that we can set, so that GPFS will reconcile the quota accounting
internally more often and on its own?

Thanks
Jaime

          ************************************
           TELL US ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS STORIES
          http://www.scinethpc.ca/testimonials
---
Jaime Pinto
SciNet HPC Consortium - Compute/Calcul Canada
www.scinet.utoronto.ca - www.computecanada.ca
University of Toronto
661 University Ave. (MaRS), Suite 1140
Toronto, ON, M5G1M1