[gpfsug-discuss] mmnetverify

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 17 18:50:11 GMT 2017

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used the mmnetverify tool at all?

Having made some changes to our internal L3 routing this week, I was
interested to see what it claimed.

As a side-note, it picked up some DNS resolution issues, though I'm not
clear on some of those why it was claiming this as doing a "dig" on the
node, it resolved fine (but adding the NSD servers to the hosts files
cleared the error).

Its actually the bandwidth tests that I'm interested in hearing other
people's experience with as the numbers that some out from it are very
different (lower) than if we use iperf to test performance between two
nodes.

Anyone any thoughts at all on this?

Thanks
Simon