[gpfsug-discuss] GPFSUG-USA Meeting at NERSC April 4-5th - Registration Reminder and Agenda Details

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Thu Mar 2 14:17:45 GMT 2017

Here’s a reminder to register for the upcoming user group meeting! Registration deadline is March 24th, only 3 weeks away.

You won’t want to miss the 2 hour session on Tuesday on problem determination by Yuri Volobuev. Any long time GPFS admin has no doubt interacted with Yuri. He’s moved on to new challenges from GPFS, but has a wealth of problem determination tips that he wants to pass along. We’re happy to have him back in the GPFS community.

We also have a few slots (20 mins each) for customer and partner talks – please contact me if you want to do a short presentation.

Register here: https://www.nersc.gov/research-and-development/data-analytics/spectrum-user-group-meeting/

Tuesday, April 4th
    09:00-10:00 Registration/Coffee/Networking
    10:00-10:30 Welcome - Bob Oesterlin, Kristy Kallback, Doris Conti
    10:30-11:30 Spectrum Scale & ESS Update - Scott Fadden / Puneet Chaudhary
    11:30-12:30 Problem Avoidance - Best Practices in the Field - IBM Support
    12:30-13:30 Lunch and Networking
    13:30-15:30 Problem Determination - Deep Dive - Yuri Volobuev
    15:30-16:00 Break/Networking
    16:00-17:00 Problem Determination - What's New? - Matthias Dietz
    17:00-18:00 Bring your favorite problem or performance issue. We will fix it now!

Wednesday April 5th
    08:30-09:00 Coffee and Networking
    09:00-10:00 Transparent Cloud Tiering - Introduction and Use Cases (Meet the Devs) - Nikhil Khandelwal or Rob Basham
                Life Sciences and Next Generation Sequencing with Spectrum Scale (Solutions)
    10:00-11:00 AFM - Introduction and Use Cases (Meet the Devs) - Scott Fadden
                Spectrum Protect on Spectrum Scale (Solutions) - Jason Basler
    11:00-12:00 Meet the Devs - IBM Development
                Hadoop Integration and Support for HortonWorks HDP (Solutions) - Ted Hoover
    12:00-13:00 Lunch and Networking
    13:00-13:20 Customer/Partner Talk
    13:20-13:40 Customer/Partner Talk
    13:40-14:00 Customer/Partner Talk
    14:00-14:30 Break
    14:30-15:00 Challenges in Tracing - Vasily Tarasov
    15:00-15:30 Application Integration with Containers - Dean Hildebrand
    15:30-16:00 Wrap up - Bob Oesterlin, Kristy Kallback, Doris Conti

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance
Spectrum Scale UG-USA Co-Principal