[gpfsug-discuss] Infiniband Quality of Service settings?

John Hearns john.hearns at asml.com
Tue Jun 13 14:36:30 BST 2017

I am investigating setting up Quality of Service parameters on an Infiniband fabric.
The specific goal is to reduce the bandwidth which certain servers can use,
ie if there are untested or development codes running on these servers in our cluster then they cannot
adversely affect production users.
I hope I do not show too much of my ignorance here.

Perhaps out of date, but I find that Lustre does have a facility for setting the port range and hence associating with an ULP in Infiniband
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rdma/msg02150.html
https://community.mellanox.com/thread/3660
(There. I said the L word. Is a quick soaping to the mouth needed?)

Can anyone comment what the Infiniband Service ID for GPFS traffic is please?
If the answer is blindingly obvious and is displayed by a Bat signal in the clouds above every datacenter containing
GPFS then I am suitably apologetic. If it is buried in a footnote in a Redbook then a bit less apologetic.

If you are familiar with Appendix A of the IBTA Architecture Release then it is truly a joy.

-- The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Unless explicitly stated otherwise in the body of this communication or the attachment thereto (if any), the information is provided on an AS-IS basis without any express or implied warranties or liabilities. To the extent you are relying on this information, you are doing so at your own risk. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Neither the sender nor the company/group of companies he or she represents shall be liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, or for any delay in its receipt.