[gpfsug-discuss] Infiniband: device mlx4_0 not found

Frank Tower frank.tower at outlook.com
Sat Jun 10 11:55:54 BST 2017

Hi everybody,

I don't get why one of our compute node cannot start GPFS over IB.

I have the following error:

[I] VERBS RDMA starting with verbsRdmaCm=no verbsRdmaSend=no verbsRdmaUseMultiCqThreads=yes verbsRdmaUseCompVectors=yes

[I] VERBS RDMA library libibverbs.so (version >= 1.1) loaded and initialized.

[I] VERBS RDMA verbsRdmasPerNode reduced from 1000 to 514 to match (nsdMaxWorkerThreads 512 + (nspdThreadsPerQueue 2 * nspdQueues 1)).

[I] VERBS RDMA parse verbsPorts mlx4_0/1

[W] VERBS RDMA parse error   verbsPort mlx4_0/1   ignored due to device mlx4_0 not found

[I] VERBS RDMA library libibverbs.so unloaded.

[E] VERBS RDMA failed to start, no valid verbsPorts defined.

I'm using Centos 7.3, Kernel 3.10.0-514.21.1.el7.x86_64.

I have 2 infinibands card, both have an IP and working well.

[root at rdx110 ~]# ibstat -l

mlx4_0

mlx4_1

[root at rdx110 ~]#

I tried configuration with both card, and no one work with GPFS.

I also tried with mlx4_0/1, but same problem.

Someone already have the issue ?

Kind Regards,

Frank