[gpfsug-discuss] TSM/SP compatibility with GPFS

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 2 16:51:12 BST 2017

Hi all,

Where should I start looking for a compatibility matrix between TSM and GPFS? Specifically, we are currently running TSM 7.1.6-2 and GPFS 4.2.1-2 with the intent to upgrade to GPFS 4.2.3-latest in early July.

I've spent 30 minutes looking over various documents and the best I can find is this:

..which talks about TSM in a Space Management context and would suggest that we need to upgrade to Spectrum Protect i.e. 8.1 and that GPFS 4.2.2.x is the maximum supported version...

Cheers
Richard