[gpfsug-discuss] mmsysmon.py revisited

Jonathon A Anderson jonathon.anderson at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 19 18:52:14 BST 2017

> It might be a problem specific to your system environment or a wrong configuration therefore please get in contact with IBM support to analyze the root cause of the high usage.

I suspect it’s actually a result of frequent IO interrupts causing jitter in conflict with MPI on the shared Intel Omni-Path network, in our case.

We’ve already tried pursuing support on this through our vendor, DDN, and got no-where. Eventually we were the ones who tried killing mmsysmon, and that fixed our problem.

The official company line of “we don't see significant CPU consumption by mmsysmon on our test systems” isn’t helping. Do you have a test system with OPA?

~jonathon