[gpfsug-discuss] AFM over NFS

leslie elliott leslie.james.elliott at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:22:49 BST 2017

we are having a problem linking a target to a fileset

we are able to manually connect with NFSv4 to the correct path on an NFS
export down a particular subdirectory path, but when when we create a
fileset with this same path as an afmTarget it connects with NFSv3 and
actually connects to the top of the export even though mmafmctl displays
the extended path information

are we able to tell AFM to connect with NFSv4 in any way to work around
this problem

the NFS comes from a closed system, we can not change the configuration on
it to fix the problem on the target

thanks

leslie