[gpfsug-discuss] mmsysmon.py revisited

David Johnson david_johnson at brown.edu
Tue Jul 18 18:21:06 BST 2017

We also noticed a fair amount of CPU time accumulated by mmsysmon.py on
our diskless compute nodes. I read the earlier query, where it was answered:

> ces == Cluster Export Services,  mmsysmon.py comes from mmcesmon. It is used for managing export services of GPFS. If it is killed,  your nfs/smb etc will be out of work.
> Their overhead is small and they are very important. Don't attempt to kill them.

Our question is this — we don’t run the latest “protocols", our NFS is CNFS, and our CIFS is clustered CIFS.
I can understand it might be needed with Ganesha, but on every node?

Why in the world would I be getting this daemon running on all client nodes, when I didn’t install the “protocols" version
of the distribution?   We have release 4.2.2 at the moment.  How can we disable this?

Thanks,
 — ddj