[gpfsug-discuss] Setting up IBM Spectrum Scale performance monitoring bridge for Grafana

Chakravarthy Girda cgirda at wustl.edu
Mon Jul 17 20:40:42 BST 2017

Hello Team,

 This is Chakri from Washu at STL. Thank you for the great opportunity
to join this group. I am trying to setup performance monitoring for our
GPFS cluster. As part of the project configured pmcollector and
pmsensors on our GPFS cluster.

1. Created a 'spectrumscale' data-source bridge on our grafana ( NOT SET
TO DEFAULT )
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_4.2.3/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r23.doc/bl1adv_setuppmbridgeforgrafana.htm

2. Created a new dash-board by importing the pre-built dashboard.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/General%20Parallel%20File%20System%20%28GPFS%29/page/Importing%20predefined%20Grafana%20dashboards

Here is the issue.
              I don't get any graph updates if I don't set
"spectrumscale" as DEFAULT data-source but that is breaking rest of the
graphs ( we have ton of dashboards). So I had to uncheck the
"spectrumscale" as default data-source.

  If I go and set the "data-source" manually to "spectrumscale" on the
pre-built dashboard graphs. I see the wheel spinning but no updates. Any
ideas?

Thank you
Chakri