[gpfsug-discuss] Zimon checks, ability to use a subset of checks

Kristy Kallback-Rose kkr at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 5 17:23:38 BST 2017

 As I understand it, there is currently no way to collect just a subset of
stats in a category. For example, CPU stats are:

cpu_contexts
cpu_guest
cpu_guest_nice
cpu_hiq
cpu_idle
cpu_interrupts
cpu_iowait
cpu_nice
cpu_siq
cpu_steal
cpu_system
cpu_user

but I'm only interested in tracking a subset. The config file seems to want
the category "CPU" which seems like an all-or-nothing approach.

I am thinking about submitting an RFE to request the ability to pick and
choose checks within a category, but thought I'd float the idea here before
I submit. Would others find value in this?

Thanks,
Kristy