[gpfsug-discuss] ?spam? Nodeclasses question

laurence at qsplace.co.uk laurence at qsplace.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 17:17:53 GMT 2017

Richard,

As Simon notes in 3.5 they were expanded and where a pain; however this
has since been tidied up and now works as it "should".

So any further node added to a group will inherit the relevant parts of
the config.

i.e. (I've snipped the boring bits out)

mmlsnodeclass
Node Class Name       Members
---------------------
site2                 s2gpfs1.site2,s2gpfs2.site2

mmchconfig pagepool=2G -N site2
mmshutdown -a
mmstartup -a

mmdsh -N nsdnodes "mmdiag --config | grep page"
s2gpfs3.site2:     pagepool 1073741824
s2gpfs3.site2:     pagepoolMaxPhysMemPct 75
s2gpfs2.site2:   ! pagepool 2147483648
s2gpfs2.site2:     pagepoolMaxPhysMemPct 75
s2gpfs1.site2:   ! pagepool 2147483648
s2gpfs1.site2:     pagepoolMaxPhysMemPct 75

mmchnodeclass site2 add -N s2gpfs3.site2

mmshutdown -N s2gpfs3.site2
mmstartup -N s2gpfs3.site2

mmdsh -N nsdnodes "mmdiag --config | grep page"
s2gpfs2.site2:   ! pagepool 2147483648
s2gpfs2.site2:     pagepoolMaxPhysMemPct 75
s2gpfs1.site2:   ! pagepool 2147483648
s2gpfs1.site2:     pagepoolMaxPhysMemPct 75
s2gpfs3.site2:   ! pagepool 2147483648
s2gpfs3.site2:     pagepoolMaxPhysMemPct 75

-- Lauz

On 2017-01-27 12:43, Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services)