[gpfsug-discuss] Mounting GPFS data on OpenStack VM

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 08:46:53 GMT 2017

>Another option might be to NFS/CIFS export the
>filesystems from the hypervisor to the guests via the 169.254.169.254
>metadata address although I don't know how feasible that may or may not

Doesn't the metadata IP site on the network nodes though and not the
hypervisor?

We currently have created interfaces on out net nodes attached to the
appropriate VLAN/VXLAN and then run CES on top of that.

The problem with this is if you have the same subnet existing in two
networks, then you have a problem.

I had some discussion with some of the IBM guys about the possibility of
using a different CES protocol group and running multiple ganesha servers
(maybe a container attached to the net?) so you could then have different
NFS configs on different ganesha instances with CES managing a floating IP
that could exist multiple times.

There were some potential issues in the way the CES HA bits work though
with this approach.

Simon