[gpfsug-discuss] ?spam? Nodeclasses question

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 12:43:40 GMT 2017

I think this depends on you FS min version.

We had some issues where ours was still set to 3.5 I think even though we have 4.x clients. The nodeclasses in mmlsconfig were expanded to individual nodes. But adding a node to a node class would apply the config to the node, though I'd expect you to have to stop/restart GPFS on the node and not expect it to work like "mmchconfig -I"

Simon

From: <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org>> on behalf of "Sobey, Richard A" <r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk<mailto:r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk>>
Date: Friday, 27 January 2017 at 11:12
To: "gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>" <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>>
Subject: ?spam? [gpfsug-discuss] Nodeclasses question

All,

Can it be clarified whether specifying “-N ces” (for example, I have a custom nodeclass called ces containing CES nodes of course) will then apply changes to future nodes that join the same nodeclass?

For example, “mmchconfig maxFilesToCache=100000 –N ces” will give existing nodes that new config. I then add a 5th node to the nodeclass. Will it inherit the cache value or will I need to set it again?

Thanks
Richard