[gpfsug-discuss] SMB and AD authentication

Yaron Daniel YARD at il.ibm.com
Mon Feb 27 20:04:09 GMT 2017

Hi

What does the command return when you run it on the protocols nodes:
#id 'DOM\user'

Please follow this steps:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_4.2.0/ibmspectrumscale42_content.html

SA23-1452-06
05/2016

IBM Spectrum Scale V4.2: Administration and Programming Reference

Page - 135
Creating SMB share
Use the following information to create an SMB share:
1. Create the directory to be exported through SMB:
mmcrfileset fs01 fileset --inode-space=new
mmlinkfileset fs01 fileset -J /gpfs/fs01/fileset
mkdir /gpfs/fs01/fileset/smb
Note: IBM recommends an independent fileset for SMB shares.
Create a new independent fileset with these commands:
mmcrfileset fs01 fileset --inode-space=new
mmlinkfileset fs01 fileset -J /gpfs/fs01/fileset
If the directory to be exported does not exist, create the directory first
by running the following
command:
mkdir /gpfs/fs01/fileset/smb"
2. The recommended approach for managing access to the SMB share is to
manage the ACLs from a
Windows client machine. To change the ACLs from a Windows client, change
the owner of the share
folder to a user ID that will be used to make the ACL changes by running
the following command:
chown ?DOMAIN\smbadmin? /gpfs/fs01/fileset/smb
3. Create the actual SMB share on the existing directory:
mmsmb export add smbexport /gpfs/fs01/fileset/smb
Additional options can be set during share creation. For the documentation
of all supported options,
see ?mmsmb command? on page 663.
4. Verify that the share has been created:
mmsmb export list
5. Access the share from a Windows client using the user ID that has been
previously made the owner
of the folder.
6. Right-click the folder in the Windows Explorer, open the Security tab,
click Advanced, and modify
the Access Control List as required.
Note: An SMB share can only be created when the ACL setting of the
underlying file system is -k
nfsv4. In all other cases, mmsmb export create will fail with an error.
See ?Authorizing protocol users? on page 200 for details and limitations

Regards

Yaron Daniel
 94 Em Ha'Moshavot Rd

Server, Storage and Data Services - Team Leader
 Petach Tiqva, 49527
Global Technology Services
 Israel
Phone: