[gpfsug-discuss] Tracking deleted files

Sven Oehme oehmes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:37:46 GMT 2017

a couple of years ago tridge demonstrated things you can do with DMAPI
interface and even delivered some non supported example code to demonstrate
it :

https://www.samba.org/~tridge/hacksm/

keep in mind that the DMAPI interface has some severe limitations in terms
of scaling, it can only run on one node and can have only one subscriber.

we are working on a more scalable and supported solution to accomplish what
is asks for (track operations, not just delete) , stay tuned in one of the
next user group meetings where i will present  (Germany and/or London).

Sven