[gpfsug-discuss] Tracking deleted files

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Mon Feb 27 13:25:21 GMT 2017

On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 12:39 +0000, Simon Thompson (Research Computing -
IT Services) wrote:
> Yeah but that uses snapshots, which is pretty heavy-weight for what I
> want to do, particularly given mmbackup seems to have a way of
> tracking deletes...

It has been discussed in the past, but the way to track stuff is to
enable HSM and then hook into the DSMAPI. That way you can see all the
file creates and deletes "live".

I can't however find a reference to it now. I have a feeling it was in
the IBM GPFS forum however.

It would however require you to get your hands dirty writing code.

Fife, United Kingdom.