[gpfsug-discuss] Tracking deleted files

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 11:30:15 GMT 2017

Hi,

Is there a way to track files which have been deleted easily? I'm assuming
that we can't easily use a policy scan as they files are no longer in the
file-system unless we do some sort of diff?

I'm assuming there must be a way of doing this as mmbackup must track
deleted files to notify TSM of expired objects.

Basically I want a list of new files, changed files and deleted files
since a certain time. I'm assuming the first two will be relatively simple
with a policyscan, but the latter I'm not sure about.

Thanks

Simon