[gpfsug-discuss] gpfs 4.2.3.5 and RHEL 7.4...

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Dec 18 20:08:48 GMT 2017

Currently, the IBM support matrix says:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY/gpfsclustersfaq.html#linux

that 4.2.3.5 is supported on RHEL 7.4, but with a footnote:

"AFM, Integrated Protocols, and Installation Toolkit are not supported on RHEL 7.4."

We don't use AFM or the install toolkit.  But we *do* make fairly heavy use
of mmces and nfs-ganesha - is that what they mean by "Integrated Protocols"?

(We're looking at doing upgrades next month while our HPC clusters are doing
their upgrades - and going to 7.4 would be nice.  If there's a mine field there, I need to
make sure we stay at 7.3 - plus applicable non-7.4 updates)