[gpfsug-discuss] mmbackup log file size after GPFS 4.2.3.5 upgrade

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Dec 14 19:38:52 GMT 2017

Hi All,

         26 mmbackupDors-20171023.log
         26 mmbackupDors-20171024.log
         26 mmbackupDors-20171025.log
         26 mmbackupDors-20171026.log
    2922752 mmbackupDors-20171027.log
    1375555 mmbackupDors-20171028.log
      59328 mmbackupDors-20171029.log
    2748095 mmbackupDors-20171030.log
     124953 mmbackupDors-20171031.log

That’s “wc -l” output … and the difference in size occurred with the GPFS 4.2.3.5 upgrade.  I’m not technically “responsible” for mmbackup here, so I’m not at all familiar with it.  However, we’ve asked a certain vendor (not IBM) about it and they don’t know either, so I don’t feel too awfully bad.

And we have looked at the man page and didn’t see any obvious options to decrease the verbosity.  We did not make any changes to the backup script itself, so the mmbackup invocation is the same.  Any ideas?  Thanks…

Kevin
—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633